7.24.2010

Weekly Wrap-Up #7: The One Where I Dangle a Carrot

As I mentioned in my last post, we were heading out on our family vacation - to Lake Lundgren Bible Camp - the next day. And now - just like that! - we're back! This being Saturday and a Weekly Wrap-Up, you might expect that I'd expound in great detail about our entire trip right now. And I certainly could do that, as we had a wonderful time, and I have much to share. But I won't. Not now anyway.

Instead, I've decided to "tease" you, dear readers, by posting a little each day for a week! So tomorrow I'll write about last Sunday, and on Monday I'll share about last Monday, etc. That way, I get to savor the memories a bit, and you won't be overwhelmed with one long post and tons of pictures all at one time. My girls would think that's too much "suspense." But I think you can handle it. :^)

For now, I will say that I accomplished one of my goals for the week: I did a lot of writing. I was able to draft seven articles and gain some direction for an eighth, all of which will eventually be posted and/or linked here. It was fun to draft the "old-fashioned" way (i.e, in a notebook) instead of on the computer, and I'm thrilled to have done so much. I also put together my "writing calendar" for 2010-2011, which begins on August 1. Having such a calendar for the past few months has made a huge difference in the frequency of my writing lately, and I'm excited to keep up the pace.

And, while I was gone, I received a nice gift: I now have over 100 followers! In fact, as of today, I'm at 102. As I said last time, this blog is not about the numbers...but it's encouraging to know that more and more people are apparently interested in what I have to say. After all, isn't that a big part of why writers write in the first place?

If you're reading this, I hope you'll make a point of stopping by each day for the rest of the week to read my posts about our camp week. And here's the real carrot: If you come back tomorrow, you'll hear the really funny story that explains this picture.




3 comments:

Monica said...

Hi - Glad your enjoyed your week... looking forward to hearing more!
Monica
discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Me, too.

Darlene said...

Nice to meet you! It is great to see what other MFW families are doing. This will be our first year homeschooling. I am excited!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...