8.16.2010

They Like Me! They Really Like Me!

I woke up this morning to find several congratulatory messages in my inbox...because I've been chosen as the Mom of the Week over on The Homeschool Lounge (THL)!

THL has become my favorite social networking website - beating out even Facebook! - since I first joined almost two years ago. It currently has over 12,000 members from around the country and across the world, and it's a wonderful place for home-educating moms to connect with each other for support and encouragement. Though I'm also blessed with many local home-educating friends, THL is always there - just a click away - when I need to "talk" with a like-minded mom in the middle of a hectic day. I comment quite regularly in many of the discussions and enjoy the give-and-take.

In the past few months, I've also taken on the moderation of two THL groups - for the My Father's World curriculum I use and love and for the Wisconsin state group. It's been an added blessing to make a regular contribution to the site in that way, and that's allowed me to more personally get to know some fantastic women. So this award today is really just icing on the wonderful, delicious "cake" that THL is to me.

If you educate your children at home - using any approach or curriculum - and have not yet checked out THL, I urge you to take a look. I daresay you'll find ladies who use your same methods and materials, who have similar family dynamics, and who see things from your perspective. Of course, you'll also meet women who are quite different than you...and seeing the diversity among home educators is really at least half the fun!

So take a look and consider joining. And, if you have any questions, let me know; I'll answer whatever I can!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats Tina!! :) I haven't been on THL lately, but that is an awesome site!

Sassy Down Home Mama said...

We sure do like you=) Bunches & Bunches!!!! hehe

Big Hugs Friend! And Congrats again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...