If you're hopping, I know you have many other places to check out so I'll get right to the point for this week and share what we're using for curriculum this year.
My Father's World: Exploring Countries and Cultures for world geography, cultural studies, science (ecology), and some language arts, literature, music, and art, all from a thoroughly Christian worldview;
currently Beta and will move on to Gamma later in the year;
currently Level 2 and will start Level 3 sometime this fall;
Writing Strands Level 2 for composition and integrated, applied grammar;
Amish Pathway Readers and age- and level-appropriate chapter books from each major literary genre:
- Amelia Earhart: Young Air Pioneer by Jane Moore (biography);
- Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner (adventure);
- Dolphin Adventure by Wayne Grover (adventure);
- Hannah by Gloria Whelan (historical fiction);
- Pioneer Cat by William H. Hooks (historical fiction);
- The Littles by John Peterson (fantasy);
- Treasure of Pelican Cove by Milly Howard (mystery);
- Jeremy: The Tale of an Honest Bunny by Jan Karon (folk tale);
- McBroom's Wonderful One-Acre Farm: Three tall Tales by Sid Fleischman (folk tale);
- One Small Square: Backyard by Donald M. Silver (non-fiction);
- Capyboppy by Bill Petty (humor);
- Who's That Stepping on Plymouth Rock? by Jean Fritz (humor);
- The Secret School by Avi (realistic fiction);
Artistic Pursuits, K-3: Book 2, with plans to start Book 3 shortly.
My Father's World from A to Z: Kindergarten for reading instruction, science, math, music, and art - all from a Christian perspective;
My daughters actually started today; it was a very busy, full day, but I am looking forward to seeing things unfold as we find our "groove" with all our great materials. The daycare children will begin the last week of August. I'm not sure how I'll juggle it all...but God will make a way!