9.04.2010

And the Awards Go to...

Late last month, Hannah over at Crayons, Critters, and Craziness honored me with not one...and not two...but THREE blog awards. Wow, my cup runneth over!

Now - in a "pay it forward" kind of way - the idea is to pass these on. And, seeing as I (try to) follow over 130 other blogs (admittedly, with varying degrees of success, depending on what else is going on around here at any particular time!), I've got plenty of potential award winners from whom to choose! Since I truly like whom I follow (or I wouldn't be there, right?), my problem is going to be picking winners from among so many worthy nominees.

*****

I've decided to address each one individually, starting with the Sunshine Award. I was actually presented with this one by another fellow blogger back in April...but, well - just as an actor never says she has "too many" Oscars or Emmys - I'm happy to graciously accept another "Sunny!" And I truly appreciate the sentiment.

In keeping with the number three and the theme of this award, three things that make me happy are:
  1. the sound of my daughters' laughter as they happily play together (which actually happens quite often!);
  2. learning that something I've said or written has blessed someone;
  3. spending time with good friends.
And the ladies on whom I'd now like to bestow this award are:
Ladies, in response, you should now:
  1. put the Sunshine Award logo on your blog and/or in a new post;
  2. in a new post, share three things that make you happy;
  3. pass the award on to three fellow bloggers;
  4. link the nominees within your post;
  5. let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blogs;
  6. share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.

*****

Hannah also nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award, which is new to me...but makes me happy, too. My blog design is nothing special compared to many gorgeous, specially-designed ones I've seen. This is simply a basic template from Simply Chic Blog Backgrounds, with a few tweaks I've been able to figure out by accident. But it's nice to know someone thinks it's pretty. :^)

In response, I'll share that three things I happen to think of as lovely are:
  1. tulips;
  2. my daughters' smiles;
  3. a Mozart horn concerto.
And the ladies whom I think have particularly lovely blogs are:
  1. Linda at Training 6 Hearts for Him;
  2. Jenny at Homeschooling Nine Kids;
  3. Maranda at Sassy Down Home Mama.
Upon accepting the honor, each one of you should:
  1. put the One Lovely Blog Award logo on your blog and/or in a new post;
  2. in a new post, share three things you think are lovely;
  3. pass the award on to three fellow bloggers;
  4. link the nominees within your post;
  5. let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blogs;
  6. share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.

*****

Finally, I humbly (really!) accept the Versatile Blogger award - which is kind of funny because my husband's (appropo!) nickname for me is "Rou-Tina." But it is true that, while my subject matter all basically relates in a big-picture way to my faith, I do write about a variety of topics under that big umbrella.

I do like routine, but I am versatile in that I:
  1. can sing either alto or tenor - and so I'm one of a handful of "al-nors" on my church worship team;
  2. have learned to adjust our learning days to go with the flow of "life" - and it doesn't even stress me out much (!) anymore;
  3. enjoy learning across many disciplines - everything from science to literature to history to music.
Three ladies whom I view as versatile bloggers are:
  1. Conni at Mrs.MamaHen;
  2. Jennifer at For Such a Time As This;
  3. Sheila at To Love, Honor and Vacuum.
And now your job is to:
  1. put the Versatile Blogger Award logo on your blog and/or in a new post;
  2. in a new post, share three ways in which you are versatile;
  3. pass the award on to three fellow bloggers;
  4. link the nominees within your post;
  5. let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blogs;
  6. share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.

*****

As blog readers, I invite you to visit each of the blogs I've mentioned here; I have no doubt you'll find something you like. I know I have.

4 comments:

Jennifer Sikora said...

Thanks Tina for giving me an award! I feel so blessed :)

Jennifer

Sassy Down Home Mama said...

Thank you so much Tina!!! What a honor=) Can't wait to pay it forward!

Hannah said...

I am glad that you like your awards. :) I do think that you bring people joy and hope when they read your blog (thus the Sunshine Award); you do have a very classy-looking blog filled with lovely family photos, which I happen to think is absolutely the best artwork a blog could have (thus the One Lovely Blog Award); and finally you are versatile in not only WHAT you write on your blog, but HOW you write. You can go from talking about deep and meaningful subjects, then change by throwing in something funny, and finally drift to the spiritual...all within a posting. :) So I think you deserve that Versatile Award as well, even if you are known IRL as "Rou-Tina". ;)

Homeschooling6 said...

I'm so sorry, I haven't come by sooner to say "Thank you". This is so kind of you to think of me. Later this week, I'll post about it. Again, thanks so much, made me feel special =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...