8.27.2011

Discipleship Deliberation: Vol. 2, Issue 4

NapalmInTheMorning


The week in general ~
...was tiring! Last weekend was filled with festivities surrounding the celebration of my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary - what a wonderful milestone!

But, as such, all our usual weekend activities (grocery shopping, etc.) were pushed into the week...on top of all our usual weekday endeavors and a number of appointments I'd crammed into Monday and Tuesday in anticipation of the return on Wednesday of the children I babysit. So by Friday, I was wiped - too tired and a bit ill, as well. Even "good busy" will do that sometimes!


In our studies this week ~
...not one day was "typical!" That's okay because I'd planned for this whole month to be rather light academically - and we did accomplish almost everything I'd set out for each day (the girls will do just a bit of work on Sunday to make up for things not completed on Friday). But I am really looking forward to getting into a routine after Labor Day.


My own discipleship ~
I've been challenged in regards to turning the other cheek for the last week or two as I've taken some unwarranted hits from a couple of women who are unhappy that I'm sharing my honest opinions - good and bad - of our former core curriculum. Instead of simply providing contrasting opinions, they've sought to silence mine...and it's been hard to find the right balance between, on the one hand, firmly reminding them that censorship is never a good idea and, on the other, just dusting off my sandals and moving on.


The best thing about the week ~
...was welcoming back Anna and Baby Leah full-time and enjoying a few more days with the girls' friend, Hallie. Anna and Hallie are just gems, pure and simple, and I am beyond thankful for Leah's wonderful temperament; she is the perfect addition to our little group.


Questions, comments, thoughts ~
I'm in the process of trying to figure out something in regards to Rachel's academic needs. But I need more information before I'll be ready to share.


Something to share ~
All the grandchildren honored Grandma and Grandpa by singing the prelude in church last Sunday.

~~~~~
My online friend, Q, started this home education-related link-up she calls Discipleship Deliberation, and I've really enjoyed the format. If you'd like to join in, just visit Q to get her button, read her deliberation for the week, review her guidelines, and link up.
And this week I'm also linking this post to the Homeschool Blog Link-Up over at Virtuous Foundations.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am sorry you are having problems with some who use your former curriculum. While I, too, use this curriculum and still find it a good fit for my children I appreciate your opinion and respect your right to choose what is right for your children and to be able to blog about it. I like reading your blog and find encouragement and good ideas here.

Lea H @ Virtuous Foundations said...

Thank you for submitting this post on Virtuous Foundations' Homeschool Blog link-up!

Check back tonight to see if you were one of our featured posts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...