It's Friday, so it's time again for the Living Well Blog Hop - an opportunity to share with others something you've found to be a help in "living well." So take a moment to read the directions (below) for the hop. Then jump on in with your own post and be sure to link it back here.
One of the best things we can do to help our children live well is to embrace the truth that there are no "cookie cutter kids." And then we need to discover how God has uniquely wired each child so that we might enable each one to maximize his strengths and appropriately build up weaker areas as necessary.
And the best resource I know for this process is How Am I Smart? A Parent's Guide to Multiple Intelligences by Dr. Kathy Koch, Ph.D. In this book, Dr. Kathy fully describes each of the "eight kinds of smarts" given to each and every human being and then explains how to identify which of the eight are predominant in each member of a family. From there, she gives practical ideas for using each multiple intelligence strength "for good and not for evil."
Simply put, this is a book every mom should be given at her first baby shower. But, even if your children are older, it's never too late. I urge you to read this book; I believe it will revolutionize your parenting.
What about you? Do you have a healthy-living tip to share? If so, read on. I look forward to hearing your ideas.
Welcome to the Living Well Blog Hop! We’d like to invite you to share a blog post about what you do to "live well." It could be a healthy recipe, exercise tips, ideas for relaxing or getting organized, lifestyle improvements – anything you feel makes your life better.
Your Living Well hosts for the week are:
Please abide by our Living Well Blog Hop guidelines:
- Please provide a link back to one of the Living Well host blogs in your post. And also grab the button below if you'd like;
- Please link to a specific post in your blog, not your blog’s home page;
- If you link a recipe, please use real foods and avoid highly processed ingredients;
- Be aware that the hosts of the blog hop reserve the right to remove any posts we deem inappropriate;
- If you don’t have a blog, please leave a comment to share what you’ve done to live well this week.Thanks for joining us in Living Well.