10.15.2011

31 Days of Being Real: Day 15 - Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday.

In the interest of "being real," I freely admit to being a lot like many other American women in that I'm not secure enough to share my actual age; it's a foolish concern, but it is what it is...and it's my birthday so I can humor myself with a little evasiveness! We'll just say I'm older than you probably think, show you what a cute kid I was (standing here with my brother), and leave it at that...

That said, I'm thankful for another birthday because it marks another year that God has sustained this earthly body and lavished many rich blessings on me: utter assurance of my salvation; freedom; health; a godly husband; wonderful children with whom I get to spend the vast majority of my time; good friends; talents and gifts to use for Him; and a biblically-solid church, to name just a few.

And now I can also mark the start of a new year in which to seek to live like Christ as much as possible: to endeavor to turn from sin patterns and satan's ridiculous temptations...to serve my family and friends more thoroughly...to speak out for Him as He calls me. I have a long way to go in every area, but my faith in God to accomplish what He wants with me comes easily - because I've seen how He sustained me through a very traumatic childhood and how He's already grown me so much...despite myself.

I'm running video at church this weekend. My pastor is preaching from Hebrews, one of my favorite books, and we're singing one of my favorite songs. And I realized at tonight's service that I want these lyrics (tweaked here from first-person plural to first-person singular to make it my prayer) to mean more to me and be truer of how I live my life a year from now than they are today:


by Chris Tomlin

Holy, Uncreated One
Your beauty fills the skies
But the glory of Your majesty
Is the mercy in Your eyes

Worthy, Uncreated One
From heaven to earth come down
You laid aside Your royalty
To wear the sinner's crown

O, great God, be glorified
My life laid down
Yours magnified
O, great God, be lifted high
There is none like You

Jesus, Savior, God's own Son
Risen reigning Lord
Sustainer of the universe
By the power of Your Word

O, great God, be glorified
My life laid down
Yours magnified
O, great God, be lifted high
There is none like You

When I see Your matchless face
In speechless awe I'll stand
There I'll bow with grateful heart
Unto the great I Am

O, great God, be glorified
My life laid down
Yours magnified
O, great God, be lifted high
There is none like You

There is none like You


~~~~~

To read other 31 Day blogs and/or join in yourself, visit Nesting Place.

Button Design: Jeff Hollenbeck

4 comments:

Conny said...

Happy Birthday, Tina!!

Q said...

Happy Birthday to you, my dear, worthy,God-created, beautiful, bloggy friend!

Stacie said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Tina! God Bless you richly!!!!

(I'm enjoying this series.)

-Stacie

Jenny said...

Happy, happy birthday, Tina.

Your story touched my heart in a way not many stories have. Even though I don't know you, I'm so glad that you are who you are and that you are my sister in Christ.

God bless beautiful you.

Sincerely,

Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...