10.17.2011

31 Days of Being Real: Day 17 - Puttin' on the Brakes, At Least for One Night

Just like almost any woman I meet (more so with moms and, it seems, especially with home-educating moms), I sometimes burn the candle at both ends (and even in the middle if I can manage it!). At times, that's just the reality of life, so we do our best to make it through whatever requires such busyness and cherish the respite that comes in the end. Other times, we probably don't need to be so busy, but we put too much on ourselves for one reason or another. And then, before we know it, we're in danger of crashing without even knowing why.

In recent weeks, I've experienced a little of both and, as a result, I'm rather physically and very emotionally spent. Oh, I can manage my responsibilities, but I'm not at my best, and I know it all too well. Thus, in the interest of keeping it real, I'm going to keep this post very short. And, instead of writing something particularly significant tonight, I'm going to go put up my feet and rest - maybe even get to bed by 10:00!

After all, the only real way to prevent the crash of a runaway train is to put on the brakes, right?

~~~~~

To read other 31 Day blogs and/or join in yourself, visit Nesting Place.

Button Design: Jeff Hollenbeck
Photo Credit: krupali (http://www.flickr.com/photos/krupali/367984766/)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...