10.18.2011

31 Days of Being Real: Day 18 - Blindsided

Last night when I wrote, I was feeling exhausted because I'd overextended myself and had made some poor decisions in recent weeks. Sometimes that happens despite our best intentions to the contrary, at which point we need to halt the runaway train of our lives as soon as possible and begin to re-group. I'm workin' on it.

But now tonight I've been flattened by a different train.

I was blindsided by some shocking news this afternoon - the details of which I'm not free to share just yet, but the fallout from which will devastate hundreds, if not thousands, of people. I have felt since I heard as if I've been walking in a daze...like I was hit by the train and have been unsuccessfully trying to regain my bearings ever since. And my eyes ache from crying so much.

The tears are far from over; I have a feeling I'd better just expect them regularly for the next little while. And I am certain I'll have to walk through the stages of grief no matter how this ultimately pans out.

I promise to explain it more thoroughly at the right time. In the meantime, I would absolutely covet your prayers - for discernment and truth to reign, for healing of relationships and broken hearts, and - most of all - that God would protect the Glory of His name and work for good in what seems to be an impossible situation.

For I know the plans I have for [all of] you, declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you [all] hope and a future.
~ Jeremiah 29.11


For nothing is impossible with God.
~ Luke 1.37

~~~~~

To read other 31 Day blogs and/or join in yourself, visit Nesting Place.

Button Design: Jeff Hollenbeck

4 comments:

swt_angel_79 said...

Praying sweetheart. ((HUGS))

Conny said...

PRAYING FOR YOU, Tina!! Rest in the fact that God weeps with you & seeks to comfort you as you deal with whatever the situation is. HE IS STILL IN CONTROL & always sovereign. Romans 8:28

Q said...

Praying God's hand and watching for you to begin to look more like him after walking through this refiners fire . . .

Hannah said...

Praying for you, Tina. Keep your eyes lifted, Friend. This will work to His glory even though it seems impossible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...