10.25.2011

31 Days of Being Real: Day 25 - Poke Me with a Fork

How's this for being real on a writer's blog: I don't want to write anything tonight!

Over the course of this 31-day series, I've sometimes struggled with what to write, but I always wanted to put out something. I've even stayed up way too late several times just to make sure something - anything - was posted "on time." I suppose that's the recovering perfectionist in me rearing her ugly little head - i.e., if I'm going to commit to something like this, I'm going to do it "right."

Tonight I have a handful of topics vaguely in mind, and I'm sure I could develop one of my ideas into a readable post. But, honestly, after all the drama of the past week - it was last Tuesday afternoon that I first learned that my church had "imploded" - I'm tired. And the fact that the situation is still in limbo only adds to my mental and emotional exhaustion.

I suppose I should feel encouraged that it took 25 days of continual writing - and a big crisis - to get to this. I hope that means I'll be in this writing thing for the long-haul in one way or another. And I fully intend to finish up the month with real posts.

But for tonight, I have to fall back on a funny adage I learned not long ago: Poke me with a fork; I'm done.
~~~~~


~~~~~

To read other 31 Day blogs and/or join in yourself, visit Nesting Place.

Button Design: Jeff Hollenbeck
Photo Credit: Lisa Nail Photography (http://www.flickr.com/photos/flossy0506/4267727178/)

1 comment:

Carla Olson Gade said...

You found it. It's always in there, something to say, even if you feel like there's nothing to say. That makes a lot of sense. ;) Remember this post next time you get writers block. Just write. Keep your pen on the paper or your fingers on the keyboard and free write - it will release the muse. But on this same note, some people say writers must write every day. For me that means making a commitment to my life as a writer each day - writing, researching, learning the craft, or just getting a grip on my life. It's better to look at the big picture. I wish you well, and pray for healing during this time in your church. I've been there and it hurts. God's still on the throne.

Blessings,
Carla

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...