10.27.2011

31 Days of Being Real: Day 27 - Discipleship Deliberation: Vol. 2, Issue 9

Given that I last wrote a deliberation post on October 8, I haven't really kept up with weekly wrap-ups, have I? Sometimes that happens, though, even when I'm not busy doing things like this 31 Days project or stretched emotionally by a difficult situation. And, thankfully, I'm not a slave to this blog. That is, while it's a great communications tool, it's not my master. So I'm really okay about the fact that "life" sometimes takes precedence over the idealized blogging schedule.

That said, here's a look at our last week - give or take a few days:
NapalmInTheMorning

The week in general ~
If I'd written this a week ago, I would have said that my heart was angst-ridden because of the terrible, unresolved situation that blew up within my church. This week - on the other side of a congregational meeting that shed some much-needed light on things - I was emotionally drained but initially hopeful. However, based on some new information, I'm now concerned again, so I guess the word picture for the week is that of a roller coaster.

Of course, God is in control. So, even if things don't go as I hope they will, He'll still (eventually) make something beautiful out of an ugly mess. But I don't relish the thought of being in the chaos that may ensue.


In our studies this week ~
We had a three-day academic week, choosing to give ourselves a short fall break while the little girls for whom I babysit had a couple days at home.

Highlights of our time "in the books" include:
  • beginning our study of Day 5 of Creation by learning a bit about insects;
  • jumping into the next Life of Fred book;
  • having Abigail share her project for Stone Fox, a picture book version of the story.

What needs some tweaking ~
The other day, I listed some things that "need doing" right now. Accomplishing some/much of that over our fall break would be very helpful.


My own discipleship ~
What a week for trusting the Lord in the face of unexpected pain and uncertainty! And I'm so thankful that I can unequivocally say - and believe in the depths of my soul - that God is still on His throne no matter what. I also know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jeremiah 29.11 is truth for each person in my church, whether we remain together as one body or eventually find ourselves elsewhere.


The best thing about the week ~
...was that God chose to use me and my humble efforts as a worship leader last Saturday and Sunday - and how He answered (with a YES) a prayer I'd had for myself for several weeks in the process.


Questions, comments, thoughts ~
I've really enjoyed the now nearly-complete 31 Days project this month. Check out these links for any posts you might have missed:

Something to share ~
Back on October 12, we were blessed with two new additions to our family: 12-week old kitten siblings that the girls named Sapphire and Prince.


Photo Credit: Carol Joki Casimir


We'd not intended to add to our feline population, but circumstances conspired to make this happen, and it's worked out really well. One of our older cats, Sparkle, is still a little nervous around the kittens, but Sweater and Clawde were totally comfortable within a week, and Sparkle will be fine. This is what our kitchen now looks like around 7:30 every night when we pull out the soft food:



~~~~~

My online friend, Q, started this home education-related link-up she calls Discipleship Deliberation, and I've really enjoyed the format. If you'd like to join in, just visit Q at Napalm in the Morning to get her button, check for her current deliberation, review her guidelines, and link up.


~~~~~


To read other 31 Day blogs and/or join in yourself, visit Nesting Place.

Button Design: Jeff Hollenbeck

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...