11.05.2011

And the Winner Is...

As part of my Being Real series last month, I confessed my very real photophobia - the extreme fear I have of being in pictures since I don't usually think I photograph well. I wrote on the eve of a family photo shoot and asked for prayer that I'd be content with at least a few of the shots that included me.

Well, God answered those prayers with a big, fat YES! Of the 20+ shots our photographer, Pamela Haag, took that included me, I disliked seven of them - but only three really made me cringe, and I guess even people without photophobia would feel that way about some poses. Of the remaining pictures, I thought a few were okay but not great...and I actually liked nine poses. NINE! In other words, I liked more than I disliked - which is truly nothing short of a miracle!

So, by way of praising God for his faithfulness in even such a rather silly request and as a thank you to those who prayed, I've decided to post my nine favorite shots, in ascending order of like-ability from my perspective:

And the one that will be displayed prominently on our living room wall and included with our Christmas card:

9 comments:

Steve Kape said...

Great pictures of a great family!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
What JOY emanates from each one of you! So proud of you Tina...for "stepping outside your comfort zone" and getting these taken...I hope you love them...they are absolutely LOVELY.

Lisa @ Sixmunchkin Stitching said...

Love that last one!

Melissa said...

Fantastic pictures!!! I love the one you will use for your Christmas cards and hang in your hope - you have a beautiful family and you are a beautiful lady!

Conny said...

truly lovely photos, Tina!! Glad you were able to come to terms with some because they ARE great!

I have been convicted that if I don't get in some pictures of me, my kids will not have anything to remember me by (not that memories aren't enough - but you know what I mean?) ... so occasionally, I get in a picture but I hate it too!!!!!

purejoys said...

Tina, I love the pictures! You have a beautiful family - and that includes you, sweetie!
I especially love the last picture.

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I just saw your blog at the Homeschool Blog Awards and decided to come check you out. I am your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-)
Beth

www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com

Carla Gade said...

I love these pics!! They came out so wonderful and you look great!!

Layla Payton said...

Those are precious! I love them all. What a great job, and you look beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...