12.14.2012

A Fun Friday Morning Surprise!

In early November, I discovered quite by accident that I'd been nominated in several categories for the 8th Annual Homeschool Blog Awards sponsored by The Homeschool Post. I asked my friends and social networking followers to vote for me in the "Favorite Homeschool Mom Blog" category, but I was up against stiff competition - over 100 other blogs, a handful of which are "famous" among homeschoolers - so I didn't really think I'd win.

And I didn't. That honor went to Confessions of a Homeschooler, one of the famous blogs. But I didn't feel bad because the unexpected nominations themselves and the encouragement I received during the voting process were very sweet consolation prizes.

Fast forward to today, and I noticed a Facebook post from my friend Sara at Embracing Destiny, noting that she'd been named one of the "Top 10 Best" by The Post. Curious, I clicked on the link and discovered - much to my surprise - that Being Made New was also named among the Top 10! Apparently - amazingly - I was one of the 10 top vote-getters (taking "fourth place," actually) in the "Favorite Homeschool Mom Blog" category. Wow.

When I started this blog a little over four years ago, I hoped I might somehow serve as an encouragement to other ordinary followers of our amazing Savior, Jesus Christ - especially fellow homeschool moms. To the extent that's happened so far, I thank the Lord; simply put, if what I've written has blessed others, it's because He's made it so. And, in the spirit of Matthew 22.37-39 (along with Mark 12.30-31 and Luke 10.27), I pray that I will never have any other motive but to love God and my virtual neighbors through everything I write.

With that in mind, I encourage you to visit the nine other winners. If you're a homeschool mom - or seek to be - I'm sure that God will use each to bless you:





5 comments:

Laurie Neverman, The Common Sense Woman said...

Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Thanks so much not only for visiting my blog and for your kind comments, but for listing the Top 10 winners. How very kind of you! I, too, was so humbled by the honor. My little blog is not "famous" either, and I was quite surprised and honored to be included among them. :-) It is so nice to "meet" you and I look forward to getting to know you better. Many blessings, Lisa

Karen said...

Hola Tina!!! GRacias!! Thanks for visit my blog and for your comment!! so sweet!! Like you, I started my blog with the intention of providing little something he Montessori method and our experiences through him .... bonus won many friends worldwide! Today I have a new one!! Thanks for visiting, for follow us, and for share the news with me! May God continue to bless you in this new year! Big hug from Puerto Rico!

Eva Varga said...

Ditto what the previous posters have said ... it is an honor just to be considered along side you all. I look forward to getting to know ya'll. :)

A Journey For Life said...

Congrats and hello back at you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...