Learning Tangent is a free quarterly publication that aims to provide useful information and holistic encouragement to homeschoolers from all walks of life. Each article is written by a homeschooling parent whom Gail knows. And in between issues Gail blogs at the website about various other topics.
The Spring 2014 issue contains articles on:
- Common Core and Standardized Testing
- Incorporating a Literature Program into Your Homeschool
- Teaching Cursive...and Why It's Important
- Creative Kids
- Homeschooling on the Road
- and my piece, Homeschool Resources and the Common Core
And the Summer 2014 edition includes pieces on:
- my article, How Are Your Kids Smart?
- Young Entrepreneurs
- Painting from the Heart and Soul
- Back to Homeschooling...Again!
- Getting Muddy with Multiple Languages
- Teaching Photography to Children and Anyone Else
All the articles are engaging and practical, and at just 20 pages, each edition is infinitely readable by even the busiest homeschool mom. Take a peek and let me know what you think!